June 21st, 2014
6th Annual Trailblazer Races
Register Online 2014
2013 Race Results
||- 15 km Race Start*|
|| - 5 km Race Start*|
|| - FREE Kids Race Start||
NITRO Trailblazer Races
15k, 5k, & Kids Run
|Thanks to the generosity of the Sycamore Speedway, our sponsors, our volunteers, our participants, and our dedicated NITRO members, we are able to host the sixth annual NITRO Trailblazer Races, presented by the KishHealth System at the Sycamore Speedway. The proximity to the Great Western Trail combined with the historic atmosphere of the Speedway, make for an ideal location to start and finish a race.|
- 99% of your run will take place on the scenic, and well shaded, Great Western Trail.
- There are two distances to choose from - 15 km and 5km.
- Our Walk to Run program will provide group training for the budding runner up to the 5 km distance.
- Chip timing provided by http://www.realtiminginc.com/
- Post Race massage provided by Northern Rehab!
- Wave starts to avoid crowding
- We have a 1/4 mile kid's race, every kid is a winner. Takes place after awards, approximately 10:00.
- Ample age groups and awards
- Cash prizes for top finishers
- Race proceeds will benefit the Kishwaukee Sunrise Rotary's DeKalb County Forest Preserve Trail Expansion Project and help fund the NITRO running club mission.
- An official FRTR circuit run!
|All races begin and end at the Sycamore Speedway, 50W086 Route 64, Maple Park, IL. Parking control provided on location.|
The 5K course exits the Speedway and turns west (right on the trail). It's an out and back course on the flat, fast, shaded, Great Western Trail. The quick 5K course is on the Dekalb County portion of the trail and is primarily adjacent to HWY 64.
The 15K course exits the Speedway and turns east (left on the trail). You'll get to run through 2 counties and enjoy the best of what the Great Western Trail has to offer.
Water Stops: The 5K course will have 1 that you'll pass twice, and the 15K course will have 2 that you pass twice, and one at the turnaround.
Restrooms: There will be a porta-potty midway on the 15K.
Baby joggers, strollers, bikes, skates, or pets are not allowed in the races.
Both courses close at 11:00 am.
7:30 am Early Start time available for walkers if needed.
|Awards: must be present to receive award|
15K: 1st Place Male & Female $75, 2nd Place Male and Female $50
5K: 1st Place Male & Female $35, 2nd Place Male and Female $20
Age Group prizes: 3 deep in both races, in the following ranges 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over.
Awards will be available at award desk starting at 11am.
|Registration & Packet Pickup:|
|Early Packet Pickup Friday June 20th 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at the Hopkins Park Shelter in DeKalb. (Shelter is back by the Band Shell)|
Race Day Packet Pickup will be held at the Sycamore Speedway between 7:00am and 8:00am.
Race Day Registration will be held at the Sycamore Speedway between 7:00am and 8:00am.
|Putting on a successful fundraising event takes community, thoughtfulness, and a charitable mindset. If you're interested in helping NITRO raise money for Kishwaukee Sunrise Rotary's DeKalb County Forest Preserve Trail Expansion Project, and helping us have a great race, while getting your name out there, see our sponsorship brochure link above. Thank you for your support!|