Save the date!!!
The 2015 TrailBlazer Races will be held on:
Saturday, June 20, 2015!
More details to come...
NITRO Trailblazer Races
15k, 5k, & Kids Run
|Thanks to the generosity of the Sycamore Speedway, our sponsors, our volunteers, our participants, and our dedicated NITRO members, we are able to host the sixth annual NITRO Trailblazer Races, presented by the KishHealth System at the Sycamore Speedway. The proximity to the Great Western Trail combined with the historic atmosphere of the Speedway, make for an ideal location to start and finish a race.|
- 99% of your run will take place on the scenic, and well shaded, Great Western Trail.
- There are two distances to choose from - 15k and 5k.
- Our Walk to Run program will provide group training for the budding runner up to the 5k distance.
- Chip timing provided by http://www.realtiminginc.com/
- Post Race massage provided by Northern Rehab
- Wave starts to avoid crowding
- We have a 1/4 mile kid's race, every kid is a winner. Takes place after awards, approximately 10:00.
- Ample age groups and awards
- Prizes for top finishers
- Race proceeds will benefit the Kishwaukee Sunrise Rotary's DeKalb County Forest Preserve Trail Expansion Project and help fund the NITRO running club mission.
- An official Fox River Trail Runners circuit run
|All races begin and end at the Sycamore Speedway, 50W086 Route 64, Maple Park, IL. Parking control provided on location.|
The 5K course exits the Speedway and turns west (right on the trail). It's an out and back course on the flat, fast, shaded, Great Western Trail. The quick 5K course is on the Dekalb County portion of the trail and is primarily adjacent to HWY 64.
The 15K course exits the Speedway and turns east (left on the trail). You'll get to run through 2 counties and enjoy the best of what the Great Western Trail has to offer.
Water Stops: The 5K course will have 1 that you'll pass twice, and the 15K course will have 2 that you pass twice, and one at the turnaround.
Restrooms: There will be a porta-potty midway on the 15K.
Baby joggers, strollers, bikes, skates, or pets are not allowed in the races.
Both courses close at 11:00 am.
7:30 am Early Start time available for walkers if needed.
|Awards: must be present to receive award|
15K: 1st Place Male & Female $75, 2nd Place Male and Female $50
5K: 1st Place Male & Female $35, 2nd Place Male and Female $20
Age Group prizes: 3 deep in both races, in the following ranges 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over.
Awards will be available at award desk starting at 11am.
|Registration & Packet Pickup:|
|Early Packet Pickup Friday June 20th 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Cabana Charley's of Sycamore (1470 S. Peace Road, Sycamore, Illinois 60178).|
Race Day Packet Pickup will be held at the Sycamore Speedway between 7:00 am and 8:00 am.
Race Day Registration will be held at the Sycamore Speedway between 7:00 am and 8:00 am.
|Putting on a successful fundraising event takes community, thoughtfulness, and a charitable mindset. If you're interested in helping NITRO raise money for Kishwaukee Sunrise Rotary's DeKalb County Forest Preserve Trail Expansion Project, and helping us have a great race, while getting your name out there, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!|